• Prizedraw Competiton! Checkout News & Announcements for more info

Welcome to PeakForums!

Welcome to PeakForums, an active and friendly general discussion forum. What are you waiting for? Crate an account and join in on the action today!
Register Now

Your favourite quotes

Discussion in 'Media & Journalism' started by Pandemonium, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Expert Talker

Whether it be a book quote, famous people's quote... share some of them! You can choose posting a handful of them, or post some regularly as you come across them.
    Make sure to put the author, too. :p

One of my most recently 'favoured' ones:
    It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ?Mark Twain

2. Wizard

Wizard Active Talker

I think my favourite saying is: "This too shall pass"

As it applies not only to the good times but to the bad times as well and lets us know that the bad times will also pass away.

3. Raven

Raven Senior Talker

'Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori' meaning 'It is sweet and right to die for your country.' I'm not too sure who first came up with the phrase, but I first read it in Horace's poem, or ode, and also in Wilfred Owen's poem back in WWI.

4. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Expert Talker

Sometimes the wrong train can take us to the right place. ?Paulo Coelho

5. trendjing

trendjing Emerging Talker

I would like to share to you my favorite quote from the Bible which is found in Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

When blessings comes in our life, we are really thankful and we can't help but to share what we have. However, if challenges comes, there are times that we question why did it happen to us. In my case, there are still prayers that haven't been answered and this Bible verse served as my hook to keep on praying and to live life in a positive way.

6. Callum Clark

Callum Clark Active Talker

entertained.jpg dead.jpg bh2.jpg bh.jpg a few of my personal favourites