Who still uses XP

Ruko

Establishing Talker
Feb 6, 2010
Well, its been a little more than a year since Windows 7 went out, and a few years since Vista, so who still uses XP. Im still using XP.

TheeGiveR

Established Talker
Apr 8, 2011
I am still running Windows XP SP3, but I would very much like to upgrade but I dont feel like spending the money when XP is doing just fine,

Gamrpro

Active Talker
Feb 18, 2011
Wow Windows Xp is so outdated. These people should at least upgrade to Windows Vista.

Clickfinity

Establishing Talker
Apr 18, 2011
www.clickfinity.net
lol ... I wouldn't consider Vista an upgrade - it was as stop-gap to keep the MS marketing machine going whilst 7 was being developed.

I use Windows 7 exclusively now for my own work, but retain an XP machine for some old 32-bit apps that won't run in Win 7 64-bit.

I liked XP though - stable, useable and virtually everyone in the business world had it on their office PCs, so it made it easier for our support team to give consistent.

We stopped supplying XP machines to our corporate clients once the warehouses stopped shipping them to us with XP downgrades. ;)

I must admit that I think Windows 7 is probably the best desktop Windows yet. :p

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Kaiser

Legend Of The Universe
Nov 15, 2010
adminbb.org
I must admit that I think Windows 7 is probably the best desktop Windows yet. :p

Cheers,
Shaun :D
It is, you cant go wrong with Windows 7. I agree, windows vista was probably just there while MS was working on W7... btw I heard MS is working on Windows 8, or whatever they will call it.

AzH

Establishing Talker
Feb 3, 2010
My work still uses XP Professional (and IE6, but that's another story). At home both desktop and laptop have been upgraded to Windows 7.

Reactions: Kaiser

Johnny

New Talker
Apr 23, 2011
Risør
Why should everyone upgrade? We all know that XP uses minimum system requirements, therefor makes your PC faster then the same PC using Wind0ws 7 or Windows Vista, it also takes up less space.

Windows XP might not be as userfriendly as Windows 7 or Windows Vista, but in over all preferences, XP is the best.

This is only my opinion thought, if you only write essays and so on, Windows 7 or Windows Vista, works fine.

Kaiser

Legend Of The Universe
Nov 15, 2010
adminbb.org
We all know that XP uses minimum system requirements, therefor makes your PC faster then the same PC using Wind0ws 7 or Windows Vista, it also takes up less space.
Well maybe not vista, but Windows 7 is fast on most, if not better than XP. It dosent really matter if its Vista, xp or 7. It really depends on your hardware but windows 7 is fast, even more faster than xp.. thats why you see people saying vista should have been windows 7. Vista was a failure but not Windows 7

fommerjackson

New Talker
Apr 24, 2011
I am still using XP. It is not my primary OS, but I do use it occasionally for some things like Photoshop. It is very fast and is not resource-intensive. And yes, Windows 8 should actually be good. They have been working on it for quite a while now.

Kaiser

Legend Of The Universe
Nov 15, 2010
adminbb.org
Just letting you guys know that XP will be the new "Windows 98" you guys will really need an upgrade soon.

Savvy

Senior Talker
Nov 24, 2010
I use Windows XP at work and it's still a reliable OS. I'm sure it will be out of date shortly though especially with the rate that Microsoft is developing these operating systems.

Reactions: Kaiser

Kaiser

Legend Of The Universe
Nov 15, 2010
adminbb.org
I use Windows XP at work and it's still a reliable OS. I'm sure it will be out of date shortly though especially with the rate that Microsoft is developing these operating systems.
Yep, they have already began work on windows 8.

Reactions: Flux

Savvy

Senior Talker
Nov 24, 2010
Yep, they have already began work on windows 8.
Yeah I heard about that. That means Windows XP will probably be obsolete soon. There are already halting compatibility with XP with some programs.

Kaiser

Legend Of The Universe
Nov 15, 2010
adminbb.org
Yeah I heard about that. That means Windows XP will probably be obsolete soon. There are already halting compatibility with XP with some programs.
Its best to switch now then later... its always best to stay updated.

xPWN1t

Established Talker
Apr 24, 2011
I don't lol. I use Windows 7. Though I have switched back and forth from Ubuntu 10 to W7. I really like Ubuntu but all the devs choose Windows so I'm kind of forced to use it.