"Spaghetti innovations are rare."

mthrlangl

Part Of The Furniture
Jun 22, 2000
World's Fastest Thawing Spaghetti

TOKYO (Reuters) - Two Japanese companies have jointly developed what they say is the world's fastest thawing frozen spaghetti.

The new noodle promises to thaw in eight seconds once dipped in boiling water, lightspeed compared to the 30 seconds it takes typical spaghetti to do the same.

The pasta, created by a subsidiary of UCC Ueshima Coffee Co and a restaurant consulting unit of Mitsubishi Corp, is reportedly frozen in a wavy shape that increases surface area and reduces thawing time.

The developers have high hopes for the noodle and forecast sales of a million cases in the first year, mostly to restaurants looking to make more pasta, faster, said the Nikkan Kogyo industrial daily.

``Spaghetti innovations are rare,'' said a spokesman for the UCC Ueshima affiliate.

----------------------------
I believe in happily ever afters - I just have to find mine.

meezercat

Chief Talker
Aug 15, 2000
OK, now I cook pasta at least twice a week...but did we really need it to thaw in 8 seconds? I'm not in THAT much of a hurry.

I do wonder how it tastes.

liltaz

Chief Talker
May 17, 2000
www.heart-at-home.com
I think these people had too much time on their hands...or were just REALLY impatient.

"No man can be condemed for owning a dog.
As long as he has a dog, he has a friend;
and the poorer he gets, the better friend he has."

- Will Rogers

Loyalty and love are the best things of all, and surely the most lasting. -- My Dog Skip

mthrlangl

Part Of The Furniture
Jun 22, 2000
I just wanted to have "Spaghetti innovations are rare" as a topic

"I will gather myself around my faith, for light does the darkness most fear." - Jewel

meezercat

Chief Talker
Aug 15, 2000
I saw a spaghetti once (dried) that was supposed to cook in 3 minutes. Well it did, but it was just extra thin spaghetti, and didn't taste that good.

Finity

Mastermind Talker
Apr 4, 2000
Visit site
whoa! this is exciting
hehe
what will the japanese think of next? god bless them and their talking toilets.

Alien

Part Of The Furniture
Mar 15, 2000
Zeta 2 Reticuli
...moving to food & drink forum...

Alien - Administrator / Owner
["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

liltaz

Chief Talker
May 17, 2000
www.heart-at-home.com
I can just see it...you finish your business and it says "please don't forget to wipe" you get up and it says "please flush me" *flush* "thank you"

"No man can be condemed for owning a dog.
As long as he has a dog, he has a friend;
and the poorer he gets, the better friend he has."

- Will Rogers

Loyalty and love are the best things of all, and surely the most lasting. -- My Dog Skip

Finity

Mastermind Talker
Apr 4, 2000
Visit site
havent you guys ever seen the simpsons where they goto japan?!

"Welcome. Please let me take your excrement."
dont mind if i do.

so guys, where should we eat?

the toilet recommended a nice place down the street
hahahaha

i did it poorly but it was SO FUNNY
ahaha

WoppaMan

Established Talker
Sep 21, 2000
Visit site
I have a spaghetti question. To me, when I think spaghetti, the next thing to come to my mind is...well, we'll leave that to the imagination. But no matter what, the next thing that comes to my mind is definitely not ketchup. However, I have not one but two friends who choose ketchup over spaghetti sauce for their spaghetti topping. I reluctantly tried it, and it's neither very good or very bad, but...ketchup???

meezercat

Chief Talker
Aug 15, 2000
Ketchup on spaghetti? That's disgusting. Too much sugar, and not enough of anything else, in ketchup.

mthrlangl

Part Of The Furniture
Jun 22, 2000
Drew, please tell me that I don't know these people. That scares me. My cousin puts ketchup in cottage cheese. Blech.

"I will gather myself around my faith, for light does the darkness most fear." - Jewel