Design Photoshop vs GIMP?

Namoh

Active Talker
Jan 3, 2016
Sweden
www.aegic.net
Photoshop. I tried Gimp once but I didn't like it. I guess you never do the transition Gimp ->Photoshop once you've worked with Photoshop.

reddyash

Emerging Talker
Jan 5, 2016
For me it is always photoshop, I have been using photoshop for about 10 years and am quite familiar with it. 
I have not tried Gimp till now so cant say about it.

unknown

Establishing Talker
Nov 15, 2015
none of the above. PS isnt compatible with my old pc. and ive tried gimp, didnt like it. i have PDN and sumopaint

Tagobs

Retired Staff
Jan 11, 2016
Bergen, Norway
With GIMP you get great software considering that you don't have to pay a single penny for it, and it's a pretty decent graphics editor all together. Still, I'll have to go with Photoshop on this one. Photoshop is way to expensive, but then again it is a really powerful piece of software where you can do pretty much anything with a picture, and create pretty much anything out of nothing. The UI is also amazing. I've used Photoshop since 2008-09, and I probably will keep doing so for the next 10-20 years.

fords8

Owner & Administrator
Administrator
Owner
Apr 23, 2011
MA
peakforums.net
I don't do GIMP or Photoshop at all. I have them both, I just suck at it and don't have the time to learn it.

vinaya

New Talker
Jan 10, 2018
Even though GIMP is usually described as the free photoshop I have never used it. I use photoshop instead. If I had heard about GIMP before I used photoshop I would have definately tried this. GIMP might be good but with its floating screens, it looks silly.