My PS2 impression when I got my hands on it

Foru2ctoo

Active Talker
Apr 26, 2000
gc.theshoppe.com
My friend bought one and immediately brought it over. The control itself is slim and it's size is greatly exaggerated in the pictures. My friend only had one import game and it was Eternal Ring. The graphics are great, but the rest needs lots of work and improvement. The controls are ok and can't get any better because of the funky controller layout. The sound is pretty average and includes what you would expect in an adventure game. The PS2 has some things going for it, but it's looking like an improved version of the Dreamcast with its' average quality games.

moonsee

Mastermind Talker
Mar 16, 2000
i think a lot of it has to do witht he fact that they are just rushing these games out.
they need to slow down and make the things NICE
all i know is i'm pretty much pulling what i did years ago
i bought playstation souly for the purpose of playing ff7, and i wasnt disappointed
i plan to buy the playstation2 mainly for ff10-11, so i hope they don't dissapoint me

Foru2ctoo

Active Talker
Apr 26, 2000
gc.theshoppe.com
I know what you mean. I often find myself playing my N64 for high-quality games. I probably will get myself a PS2, but at a introductory price of $300 I don't think it'll be anytime soon. What disappointed me the most about PS2 is that there is only one DVD game out there. All the rest are on regular CDs. That's right, it's the great RTS set in fuedal Japan. Has to be KOEI's Kessen. I'm looking forward to that game.