Movies that I want to see

grim57

Established Talker
Apr 26, 2000
Gladiator looks awesome. Russell Crowe was good in LA confidental, and I bet he will be a great head basher.

Also, Mission impossible 2, with John Woo directing and Lord of the Rings. Tolken rocks.

------------------
In Hong Kong, he'd be dead.

Diesel

PeakForums Legend
Apr 26, 2000
Russel Crowe was really good in The Insider (thanks Amazon
).
And BTW, it's Tolkien. Sorry, I'm just a stickler for the classics.

------------------
"Qualifications for being a Moderator at Anandtech...? I think that you have to be 17 or under, and the lobomoty has to be total. Partial lobomoty only gets you Elite Member status."

Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.

grim57

Established Talker
Apr 26, 2000
AHH My gosh, I can't believe I misspelled Tolkien! Doh.

Never saw the insider, I heard it was pretty good.

------------------
In Hong Kong, he'd be dead.

Alien

Part Of The Furniture
Mar 15, 2000
Zeta 2 Reticuli
Saw the Perfect Storm trailer on Saturday, and I think I'll check that out.

Battlefield Earth was pretty decent. They ended up with a bunch of 'bulletholes' in the script however, but most movies do.

It was a fun movie to watch from a visual perspective.

Probably difficult to make that sort of movie based on a very large book, but overall they got their point across.

I hated the name 'psychlo' for the alien race though, and also felt they could have showed their homeworld a little longer instead of spending a few extra minutes too long with silly fights in the slave pens and mining areas.

All around, just too much sillyness and lightheartedness. I tend to like characters that are tortured, not teased.

------------------
^Alien^
Administrator / Owner
["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

spidergoolash

Part Of The Furniture
May 1, 2000
i really want to see "the perfect storm". george clooney and mark wahlberg are in it too ...

------------------
"it's easier to stay out than get out"

Alien

Part Of The Furniture
Mar 15, 2000
Zeta 2 Reticuli
John Woo movies have always been a knockout.

For those unfamiliar in recent days, he's made Broken Arrow, and Face Off.

He makes action into opera.
Looking forward to seeing M:I 2 for that aspect alone.

Wheeeeeeeeee!

------------------
^Alien^
Administrator / Owner
["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

ShaolinRasta

Emerging Talker
Apr 26, 2000
Caught Gladiator last night and sat through half a dozen trailers first. Some real stinkers out coming soon - Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer in something that looks awful. The place went wild though for the Tom Green Road Trip trailer. It looks incredibly stupid but funny as hell. Perfect summer flick.

Just the thing to use up those free movie tickets from Greenpoints!

Peace

------------------
Confucious say: Jah make herb for man

Pochi

Emerging Talker
May 12, 2000
Visit site
Lord of the Rings Trilogy...Read the book...loved it...saw the trailer...Looked reallll good....**** can't wait..

Foru2ctoo

Active Talker
Apr 26, 2000
gc.theshoppe.com
I wanna see Gone in Sixty Seconds! I have been waiting to see that movie for about six months now. Nicholas Cage and Angelina Jolie are going to rock the screen. And there's all those exotic cars in it too. The current grand theft auto date is June 9, 2000.

I saw Gladiator a few days ago and I wasn't disappointed. The movie was good and it's been quite a while since I've seen a movie of such quality. It could have been better, but I'd rather not list any complaints. Fans of Braveheart would enjoy this like I did. The movie almost became a drama instead of an action because of all the chatter and suspense.