Kobe Bryant suffers nasal fracture

Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
Apr 5, 2011
www.theburningprocess.com

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant suffered a nasal fracture during the Western Conference's 152-149 win over the East on Sunday night, the team announced on its website.

Bryant was bloodied by a hard foul from Miami's Dwyane Wade and stayed in the game, but he left to be evaluated afterward. A CT scan revealed a broken nose.

Attachments

onewrongmove

Senior Talker
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think it is a flagrant foul. It didn't look excessive at all. I honestly think Wade only tried to send him to the free throw line instead of allowing the lay up, but he accidentally got Kobe on the nose.

EddyS

Establishing Talker
Feb 9, 2012

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant suffered a nasal fracture during the Western Conference's 152-149 win over the East on Sunday night, the team announced on its website.

Bryant was bloodied by a hard foul from Miami's Dwyane Wade and stayed in the game, but he left to be evaluated afterward. A CT scan revealed a broken nose.
Wow. I'm not surprised he got injured. The game got real serious the last quarter. Pride started taking over for these guys. Knowing Kobe, this broken nose won't affect him like the wrist injury didn't. However he's probably going to need to wear that silence of the lambs type mask that Rip Hamilton rocks.
lol

jonigjermani

Active Talker
Feb 21, 2012
Its just a broken nose for crying out loud. It will eventually heal. Everything that has to do with the All Star Weekend on the other hand, that will never heal my memory. I miss the good old times!

mscuban

Established Talker
Feb 11, 2012
USA
deepbites.blogspot.com
Its just a broken nose for crying out loud. It will eventually heal. Everything that has to do with the All Star Weekend on the other hand, that will never heal my memory. I miss the good old times!
My sentiments exactly. I saw this on the news last night and was like, "oh come on. poor wittle Kobe.." Give me a break. I saw what happened. They showed the footage. He'll be fine.

neogeoz

Expert Talker
Feb 18, 2012
Pretty terrible to have something like that happen in an All-Star game. Wade definitely shouldn't be doing stuff like that. Better to just let someone go than injure them in a game like that.

mholic

Senior Talker
Feb 19, 2012
That was unintentional. That part of the game was a bit serious and East were overcoming a deficit.

M83

Active Talker
Feb 28, 2012
Yeah I saw that play, I could't understand why on earth Wade flagrantly fouled him like that. It was just really strange. The game was going nice and smoothly, it was the 2nd quarter (if I recall correctly) neither team was really defending each other and then all of a sudden Wade starts pressing Bryant really hard. Then I saw the foul and I was kind of shocked at what had just happened.

mholic

Senior Talker
Feb 19, 2012
^

I remember it was on the 2nd half and 3rd quarter. The East was trying to run on that half.

M83

Active Talker
Feb 28, 2012
^

I remember it was on the 2nd half and 3rd quarter. The East was trying to run on that half.
Ahh thanks for the correction. Anyways even though Kobe got fouled like that at least he beat Michael Jordan's record of most points ever (all-together) in the all-star games. So congrats to Kobe.

mholic

Senior Talker
Feb 19, 2012
Ahh thanks for the correction. Anyways even though Kobe got fouled like that at least he beat Michael Jordan's record of most points ever (all-together) in the all-star games. So congrats to Kobe.
Yeah. Another record being surpassed by Kobe. Every year as he grows and stays old in the game, he is being named and passing legendary records.

ferro

Active Talker
Feb 19, 2012
That was a punk move by Wade. In a normal game it would have been called a flagrant. Should have been in this game too. The Heat have developed a bit of pack mentality which is a good thing for regular season games & D-Wade/ LBJ decided they wanted to play tough & win the game.

I never used to be a big Kobe fan when he was younger, but he's one of the few stars in the game that I respect now days.

mara

Emerging Talker
Feb 28, 2012
I am sure Kobe will be fine, if is just a broken nose. I have broken my nose two different times playing basketball and one time wrestling and I survived just fine.

GolfNut

Senior Talker
Feb 22, 2012
I'm surprised Kobe wasn't pissed. Most people are saying it was unintentional but I think it could've been avoided.

Wengthemeng

Expert Talker
Feb 16, 2012
He'll be fine. His nose isn't on his shooting hand.
Just as he has said, Kobe can still shoot! He'll be fine; he's just gotta watch out for his nose more carefully in the future until it fully heals. It might be somewhat of a bother, but he can do it:).