• Prizedraw Competiton! Checkout News & Announcements for more info

Welcome to PeakForums!

Welcome to PeakForums, an active and friendly general discussion forum. What are you waiting for? Crate an account and join in on the action today!
Register Now

How do i get images for a review on a movie / show? (legally?)

Discussion in 'Media & Journalism' started by SeanQuinn87, Jan 20, 2018.

1. SeanQuinn87

SeanQuinn87 Moderation Director Moderator Team Leader

Hello, so i am writing a couple of reviews about different movies and tv shows on my blog and also writing a post about Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Actors). My question is how do i get images for the articles with breaking any copyright laws? :p

For my other blog posts that need article images i use iStock, Pixels, etc.. where you can use their images and you dont even need to give a back link to them or anything, but these are all general images, animals, landscapes, etc.. they dont have any images of celebrates or films and shows. :p

2. mickfordcfc

mickfordcfc Active Talker

you can use the pictures if you reference them, it shows you arent taking them as if its ur work u are just using it and showing who made the photos etc . check this http://www.harvardgenerator.com/references/website follow the instructions and it will generate a reference for you. I got taught this in university because i had to use other peoples material online to write reports

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. SeanQuinn87

So does this apply to all images and photos?

4. mickfordcfc

yes its a recognised system to stop you getting done for plagiarism. anybody can use it. the people who made it must be mentioned. i done it on cell motility were i had to use known scientists work and results

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. SeanQuinn87

I didn't know this. :D I'm going to finish those reviews then and just use Google Images to find good photos from the movies and link to the source(s) in the review. :D Thanks for the information. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. mickfordcfc

anytime bro

• Friendly Friendly x 1