• Prizedraw Competiton! Checkout News & Announcements for more info

Welcome to PeakForums!

Welcome to PeakForums, an active and friendly general discussion forum. What are you waiting for? Crate an account and join in on the action today!
Register Now

Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Media & Journalism' started by Riven, May 6, 2013.

1. Riven

Riven Mastermind Talker

So, who here has seen it /read the books?
    Did you like it?
    Are you signed in pottermore.com?
    Which house are you in?
    Which one is your favorite book?

I am going to be honest here. I am a Potter fan.

My house is gryffindor.

I loved the books and I grew up with them. Perfect timing.

My favorite book would be HP7.

And yes, i cried like a little girl when Dumbledore died.

And Snape.... I've always hated Snape. I still hate Snape but I hate Harry's father even more... I mean, bullying??? Just because Snape didn't have what they have??? -.- That's just wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
  2. Itachi

Itachi Established Talker

Aw man. Snape is my favourite character. [​IMG]

3. Danimal

Danimal Establishing Talker

Harry Potter is the only book series I've ever read. Along with Twilight
    I love Harry Potter. It was basically my whole childhood.

According to pottermore and various other quizzes, I'm a Ravenclaw :cool:

I happen to love Snape. I alway knew that he was gonna turn out to be something amazing. :p

4. lauren

lauren Chief Talker

I have read the books/seen all the films and I'm honestly such a PotterHead literally I adore Harry Potter and I always will. I've grown up with the series since I was 5 years old and I honestly see it as something magical and nostalgic about my childhood n_n
    I'm also signed into Pottermore however I used it once, didn't get it and never used it again :p I am a Slytherin! :)

My favourite book is impossible to choose but I really like The Prisoner of Azkaban and the Deathly Hallows films :)

5. Kirk

Kirk Mastermind Talker

Thought I'd bump this one up since it's a popular book. :)

6. Nilla

Nilla Baby, baby, baby ohh

I just can't get into these books. I have tried and tried. I managed to read the first two and then make it halfway through the third. Aftre that I abandoned it for a while, then tried to pick up on it again. After many failed attempts to try to get myself into the fandom, I just can't. It isn't something that interests me.

I'll watch the movies though. I have seen the first two and both parts of the last one. So.. I actually don't get why I should even bother if I already know how it ends. lol

7. Han

Han ;)

I've seen a few, I haven't read any. I don't mind it but I didn't really get into it as some have, I've always been more of a horror genre in films, and nineteenth century geek in reading.

I was signed up to Pottermore, however, and was in Slytherin house. My favourite is probably the Prisoner of Askaban. I haven't seen too far into them though.

8. Bazinga!

Bazinga! Senior Talker

When I signed up on Pottermore, it surprised me that I was sorted into Gryffindor because I always thought I'd be in Hufflepuff. I'm a fan of Harry Potter, although I didn't start reading the series till about the time that the 5th book was coming out. I was late to the party because I didn't think I'd originally like the series but I started reading it when I noticed several friends and family members reading it.

My favorite book in the whole series is Prisoner of Azkaban, although I like all the books.

9. Ash

Ash Ranger Ranger

Am I the only one that never really bothered with Harry Potter? I've seen one or two of the films but never really properly got into the franchise.

10. Bazinga!

Bazinga! Senior Talker

I didn't get into it till right after the 5th book was released. I originally wasn't going to read it because I thought it wasn't going to interesting enough to hold my attention since it was suppose to be for kids. But when I found out that several of my friends and family members were reading the series, then I started getting into it myself.

My hubby hasn't read any of the books but he did watch the movies with me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. fords8

fords8 Owner & Administrator Administrator Owner

I only have watched the movies too

12. Bazinga!

Bazinga! Senior Talker

Yeah, my hubby isn't really into reading like I am. He'll at least watch the movies with me though. That he can handle.

13. Golddisk

Golddisk Establishing Talker

I've never gotten into this series. I started reading one of the books but never finished. I have watched some of the movies but I don't go out of my way to watch them, either.

14. fords8

A man after my own heart. lol x'D:extremelyhappy:

15. Bazinga!

Bazinga! Senior Talker

I take it you prefer to watch the movies also?

16. fords8

Yes!

17. Bazinga!

Bazinga! Senior Talker

Well, there's nothing wrong with that. I thought that the movie adaptations of the Harry Potter books weren't that bad at all. I thought they stayed close to the books, for the most part.

18. Claraviolet

Claraviolet Active Talker

I never liked it but it's worth a watch...I haven't completed it though

19. Bazinga!

Bazinga! Senior Talker

How far have you gotten in the movies? (if you don't mind me asking)

20. Claraviolet

Claraviolet Active Talker

I believe I have watched 5 movies or so.
    It's just not my cup of tea.