• Prizedraw Competiton! Checkout News & Announcements for more info

Welcome to PeakForums!

Welcome to PeakForums, an active and friendly general discussion forum. What are you waiting for? Crate an account and join in on the action today!
Register Now

Beware of kidney stones

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Corzhens, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Emerging Talker

The urologist told me that it is simple to prevent kidney stones - just avoid salt. Oh well, it's easier said than done. I had my first kidney stones in 1994. The manifestation was a painful back or backside. To ease the pain, I underwent the procedure called lithotripsy which would crack the stones by shock waves. But after 5 years, there's my affair with kidney stones again for the second procedure of lithotripsy.

I have to admit that I love salty foods like salt itself and shrimp paste. There's also the chips and other street food. But now I have mellowed and had come to terms that we should not indulge in salty foods to protect our kidneys. So if you love salty foods like me, you'd better think of your health.

2. TheJason

TheJason Active Talker

I can't avoid salt cause food taste so horrible without it, but in my case, the cause of my episodes was due to soda, specifically Mountain Dew. It has something in it. Something that Coke doesn't even have.

3. SeanQuinn87

SeanQuinn87 Moderation Director Moderator Team Leader

Salt is in almost everything man, some things more than others, but almost everything you eat from shops, etc.. have salt in it im sure. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. mickfordcfc

mickfordcfc Active Talker

not much worse pain than passing a stone... ouch !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SeanQuinn87

SeanQuinn87 Moderation Director Moderator Team Leader

Yeah, and the place it comes out your body from too... wow man, hope i never have to go through that!!

6. Callum Clark

Callum Clark Active Talker

Sounds painful i dont want to think about that lol.