battlefield earth

spidergoolash

Part Of The Furniture
May 1, 2000
i don't know anything about this one ... what's it about and who's in it ?

------------------
"it's easier to stay out than get out"

YamahaR1

Emerging Talker
May 6, 2000
home.tampabay.rr.com
I read this book in 1986 and the cover said "soon to be a major motion picture" I still have it. It's a huge book, The movie won't be close to it, but should still be good.
Yes Travolta plays the bad "guy" alien named Tarl.In the book the aliens are 10 feet tall or more and wieght a 1000lbs, I don't think special effects will allow that.
I just saw the preview, it opens friday!
more info here http://www.battlefieldearth.com/

IronFist

Emerging Talker
Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Some time soon, maybe june. Whats that guys name that danced in "Saturday Night Live" John T.? plays one of the monsters.

spidergoolash

Part Of The Furniture
May 1, 2000
john travolta plays a monster? i'm there baby ...

------------------
"it's easier to stay out than get out"

possum37

Mastermind Talker
Apr 26, 2000
Well, it's out today -- I'd be happy to hear people's opinions on the movie once they see it. I read the book as a kid & I loved it, I'm not sure a movie version will translate though...but heck, I'm keeping my hopes up!

grim57

Established Talker
Apr 26, 2000
I read a few of the critic reviews. According to them, this movies sucks the big one. Still, critic are never right (at least in my opininon.) I hope to check it out this weekend.

Oh, anyone know much about scientology? What is it? How did so many hollywood stars get all involved? I wonder if they have these little cult like sessions where people like Tom Cruise and John Travolta sacrifice small farm animals to thier great deity L Ron Hubbard. heh

------------------
In Hong Kong, you'd be dead.

YamahaR1

Emerging Talker
May 6, 2000
home.tampabay.rr.com
Yes scientology is headquarted here in clearwater Florida. They have a lot of power and money.
Beyond all of that every book I've read from him has been great.
I said that the movie won't match the book very much. It would be 18 hours long
But I'll still go see it. I don't do movies very much. ( last one was jurrasic park ) Maybe it should have been a week long mini-series. Nope not enough money to be made that way.

grim57

Established Talker
Apr 26, 2000
Did anybody get a chance to watch it? Was it any good, or was it as bad as the critics say...

------------------
In Hong Kong, you'd be dead.